This schedule details the competitions HHSC will be entering in 2011/12 together, where appropriate, with guidance on who should be considering entering which event.
HHSC Competition Schedule – 2011/12
The schedule has been compiled to meet the objectives of the different categories of swimmers within the Club. If you have any questions about which competitions are appropriate for you, please ask your coach.
This schedule is split into three sections:
- Club competitions
- Team galas
- Opens and Championships
All of the dates are on the Club calendar on the website from which calendar events can be downloaded if you use an electronic diary either:
- individually by using the small “iCal” logo on the right hand side of each calendar entry, or
- by going to a new page on the website here from where you can download all events in the particular category or categories appropriate to you (internal events, junior galas etc).
Please note that if something changes on the Club calendar it won’t automatically update your entry – we’re thinking about that one!
All dates are subject to change and cancellation, but if anything does change we’ll let you know.
HHSC will hold the following internal competitions during 2011/12.
- 19th November 800/1500 time trial (9 – open).
- 1 December – 400IM time trial (9 – open, and yes, this is a Thursday!)
- 11 December – Club Middle Distance Champs (9 as at 4th February – open). This year will include a 50m race on each weekend. This first weekend will be 200 free, 50 back & 200 fly.
- 8th January – Club Middle Distance Champs (9 as at 4th February – open) 400 free, 50 breast & 200 back
- 4th February – Club Middle Distance Championships (9 as at 4th February – open) 200 IM, 50 free & 200 breast.
- 11th February – Last Chance County Qualifier (9 as at 25th March – the age as at date for County Championships). Minimum (and possibly maximum) entry times will apply. 50m, 100m and 200m; events to be decided based on demand nearer the time.
- 24th June – Club Sprint Championships (all ages)
- 1st July – Club Sprint Championships (all ages)
- 8th July – Club Sprint Championships (all ages)
All members of the Club aged 9 or over may enter the 400IM, 800m & 1500m free time trials, but it is expected that the senior squads will participate. Guidance will be issued to those groups nearer the time on what events they are expected to enter.
All members of the Club aged 9 or over are expected to participate in the Middle Distance Club Championships – again guidance will be issued nearer the time on how many events members of the different training groups should enter. Please note that for the first time we will be including 50m races for times only in this event.
All members of the Club, however young or old (!), are expected to enter the Sprint Club Championships.
HHSC will be entering teams in the following competitions during 2011/12.
- National Arena League (9 as at 31st December, no upper age limit) 8th October, 12th November, 10th December
- Herts Major League (9 as at 25th February, no upper age limit) 7th January, 28th January, 25th February
- Chiltern League (9 as at 14th April, no upper age limit) 28th January, 25th February, 14th April
- Peanut Trials (9 – 12 as at 30th June) 4th March – strictly speaking this is a time trial but because it relates specifically to Peanuts team selection it fits more comfortably here
- Peanuts (9 – 12 as at 30th June) 21st April, 19th May, 16th June
There will be other team galas over the course of the year; details of these will be advised nearer the time.
All of these dates are on the Club calendar on the website from which a calendar event can be downloaded if you use an electronic diary.
Opens and championships
HHSC will support the following open competitions and County and Regional Championships in 2011/12.
- 20 November – Herts Development Meet (9 – 12 as at 25 March 2012). 200m events, no minimum entry time, good for experience.
- 27 November – Watford L3 (9 as at 27 November – open). 50, 200 & 400 events. Minimum entry times and no faster than times but suitable for many swimmers.
- 3/4 December Regional Winter Championships. Fast minimum entry times, if you don’t know about it, it’s probably not for you!
- 17/18 December – Hillingdon L1 (9 as at 18 December – open). 50m competition with fast minimum entry times for swimmers aiming at Regional Championships.
- 14/15 January – Watford L3 (9 as at 15 January – open). Races in all strokes and distances. Minimum entry times but suitable for many swimmers.
- 21/22 January – Maxwell L2 (9 as at 22 January – open). Races in all strokes and distances. Minimum entry times equivalent to County entry times. Aimed at swimmers looking to improve County qualifying times and get Regional times.
- 11, 17/18 & 24/25 March – Herts County Championships (9 as at 25 March – open).
- 28/29 April Milton Keynes L2 (9 as at 29 April – open) – races in all strokes and distances. Minimum entry times equivalent to County entry times. Aimed at swimmers looking to get Regional times.
- 5/6 May – ASA East Region Youth Championships (Girls 14 & Boys 15 as at 6 May – open). 50m competition, fast entry times.
- May (tba) – Hemel L4 Novices (9 as at date of competition – tba). Details of this new event to be finalised but will be targeted at swimmers who don’t achieve County times.
- 2/3 & 9/10 June – ASA East Region BAGCAT Championships (10 – 14 as at 10 June). 50m competition, fast entry times.