The County Development Meet is being held on Sunday, 21st November comprising 200m races only. It is targeted at new, young swimmers. Closing date for entries to the Club will be midnight, Sunday 24th October. As there are no minimum entry times this is an excellent competition at which to gain experience of swimming at Borehamwood (the venue for the County Championships held every March) in competition with swimmers from other clubs.
Even though the Middle Distance Club Championships will be taking place shortly afterwards over the same distance you should try to swim at least one race at this event if you can.
The rules for this event are a little complicated. Full details are available from the download section here but the following are the highlights – please read them carefully!
- Swimmers have to be aged between 9 and 11 as at 20 March 2011 (the “age as at” date for the County Championships)
- We are restricting entries to swimmers in Sealions and above i.e. Aquabears may not enter even if they meet all the other conditions
- There are no minimum entry times (so it is acceptable to enter a “no time”)
- There are maximum times which your PB cannot exceed (please see attached for details)
- If you have swum a particular event before at a County Championships then even if your current PB is within the entry time you may not enter that event
- This is a licensed meet so you need to be registered as an ASA Category 2 member
If you have any questions as to whether you should enter this event then please talk to your Coach. In particular, if you have any doubt as to whether a swimmer can swim a stroke legally over this distance you should consult your Coach before putting in an entry.
Cheques should be payable to HHSC. Entries should be marked for the attention of Carryl Baughan