Hemel Hempstead currently has over 60 swimmers with times within the consideration/ qualifying parameters for the different age groups at Hertfordshire County 2017 Championships next January/February. The qualifying times can be found here, and details of those swimmers who already have a consideration time can be found here (but please see below for what holding a consideration time means). The depth of swimmers within HHSC achieving consideration and/or qualifying times is great for the club in showing our strength.
The qualifying window for Counties is open until Wednesday 14th December, although we will be submitting entries a few days before then. Hemel Hempstead’s last chance qualifying meet is the Team Luton Development meet on the 11th December, and our closing date for entries for this meet is Sunday 23rd October. We expect swimmers to be attending to achieve necessary requirements ; this will be your last chance to advance your current times and to potentially secure any new opportunities for the 2017 Hertfordshire County Championships.
Swimmers are unfortunately not guaranteed automatic allocation of races at the championships like in the past. Below is a quick guide;
- Swimmers with the age group QUALIFYING times who enter that event will be accepted;
- Swimmers with consideration times will be accepted only if they are also one of the fastest swimmers in their age group/event (the details are outlined below).
- The age groups at County Championships are; 10/11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & Over for both male and female
Below is a breakdown of number swimmers eligible to race in each age group/ distance at the championships
– In 50 & 100m Events 10/11 years top 16; 12/13/14/15 years top 24; 16 & Over top 32 in both male and female.
– In 200m events 10/11 years top 16; 12/13/14/15 years top 20; 16 & Over top 20 in both male and female.
– In 400m events 10/11 years top 8; 12/13/14/15 years top 12; 16 & Over top 16 in both male and female.
– In 800m events 12 years top 6; 13 years top 8; 14 years top 10; 15 and 16 & over top 12
– In 1500m events 13 years top 4; 14 years top 8; 15/ 16 & over top 10